Rotary’s Camp Florida, Inc. is unique by offering special needs user groups the ability to rent our entire 21-acre facility, allowing them to tailor each of their camps to suit the specific needs of the children and adults they serve. Camp fees for special needs children and adults are sponsored by their groups and the Camp’s Memory Maker Scholarship Fund.
Each camping group is required to provide its own camp counselors, doctors, nurses, lifeguards, and cooks. Each group is responsible for supplying meals and has the use of our fully equipped commercial kitchen and state-of-the-art gas barbecue grill.
If you or your organization wishes to sponsor a group’s camp directly, we will be happy to match you with a group. For example, Rotary Club of Brandon ’86 sponsored the first Epilepsy Services Foundation Camp and the Rotary Club of Pinellas Park and Rotary District 6950 are sponsoring the first Autism Camp.
Groups that use the camp include:
Faces of Courage
- Camp Hugs – Children’s Christmas Cancer Camp
- Women of Color – Adult Cancer Survivors
- Family Weekend – Children and Adults with Cancer
Florida Diabetes Association
- Bring a Friend Camp – For Type 1 Diabetes Children and their friends
- Pee Wee Camp – Children’s Diabetes Camp for ages 3 to 10
- Sports Camp – For Children with Diabetes ages 11 and up
Perthes Kids Foundation
- Summer Camp serves children with Perthes, a disease of the hip bones. Many of the children use wheelchairs, walkers, walking frames and crutches.
Tourette’s Syndrome Association
- Spring Break – Camp for children and youth affected by tics and tourettes
Above are only a few of the groups that use the camp. The camp is enjoyed by user groups that serve children and adults with various disabilities and special needs.
If you are interested in bringing a group to camp, please call 813-653-7200 send an online request for information, and we’ll respond promptly.